Somehow I managed to convince my husband that I needed a new sewing machine. I also managed to convince him that I needed it right away. (Thanks, C!!!) So I came home Friday from work and found this:
I was so excited about a weekend of getting to know my new machine… until I realized that I got a lemon! The shank on this particular machine is slightly askew, which led to the presser foot sitting at a very noticeable (to me!) angle. Fortunately, the online sellers were very helpful and a new machine is arriving today! A big thank you to all my IG friends who helped calm me down and convince me I wasn’t crazy!
Disappointing as it was, I got a lot done in preparation for the re-arrival of my Juki (a TL2012Q, for those inquiring minds). Amy and I went to Frieda’s house to play with her Accuquilt Go! and they were instrumental in coming up with a layout and plan of attack for my spring green and yellow retro flowers quilt.
Since Robin lent me both sizes of the drunkard’s path dies, the center flower will be large and the surrounding flowers will be small. So far I only have 3 fabrics cut … out of 13!
I made a list and it turns out I am supposed to make 10 baby quilts between now and October. Wow. While I was making the backing for the rawhide quilt, I decided to double down. Taking inspiration from here and here, I will be making my own neutral farfalle quilt! All the background fabrics will be different neutrals (a chunk are from the bella neutral solids charm pack, plus kona white, snow, bone, khaki and other assorted neutrals) and the farfalle will be random scraps from my stash.
The best part is that I’m doing this as leaders/enders! That’s right, every time something passes through my machine, another of these puppies gets made. I’m already 1/4 of the way there!
I see you rolling your eyes, yes that is another project! However, I’m about to cross four (4) WIPs off my list…
My goal is to have the latter three quilted and all the bindings machine stitched to the front before Memorial Day weekend. That way, if I’m not working, I can take them to the beach and hand stitch the binding there.
Does it seem a bit optimistic to think that I will meet all my goals and not get stuck at the office? We’ll see!
Robot Kaleidoscope Quilt
3×6 Bee Top (top done)
- Christmas Patchwork (top done – backing ordered!)
- HMQG Row Robin (rows finished)
- Hello Betty Star Quilt (working on the blocks)
- Rawhide String Quilt (basted!)
- Grinch Pillow Cover (top done)
- HMQG Habitat Challenge (quilted)
- Embroider Bee Quilt (blocks done)
- Neptune Hexagon Project (an ongoing project)
- Rawhide Swoon Quilt (top done!!! at the long-armer)
Quilts for Kids
A Walk in the Woods Baby Quilt
1001 Peeps Quilt
- Spring green/yellow/grey baby quilt (bundle ready)
- Sherbet Pips apple core project (in progress)
A Walk in the Woods Whirligig Quilt
- Flower Sugar Hand Sewn Diamond Stars (an ongoing project)
A Walk in the Woods Zig Zag Quilt
- Jelly Roll Race Quilt (top done – backing ordered!)
- Neutral Farfalle Quilt (working on the blocks)
The cold, hard truth:
Completed projects: 0
New projects: 1