Hello and welcome to the July installment of the 12 Quilts in ’12 Challenge! I’m hosting here on my blog, but Amy and Liz are playing along, too. We hope you will join in!
I was a bit busy at work this month, and while it’s kept me away from the blog a bit, I’ve still managed to get a lot done in my studio.
Two of our friends recently had a baby girl.
They came to visit us (and show off baby Claire), so I made her this quilt.
I hope it will match their pink and grey nursery.
The fabric is A Walk in the Woods by Aneela Hoey, which I have used here, here and here.
For the pattern, I took the very popular Swoon pattern by Camille Roskelly and blew it up to 48″!
I’m a little late on a quilt for baby Maya, but one of the benefits of being late is that you get to know the baby and her personality a bit better.
I see pictures of Maya nearly everyday on Instagram, which I just love, and I know she is a very chic and sophisticated little lady!
So I came up with this quilt, which is predominantly neutral, but with some fun pops of color.
The perfect amount of whimsy for a baby, I think!
Inspiration for this quilt found here and here.
What did you finish this month? Link up below and enter two win 2 fat quarters, chosen based on your personal style!!
- Blog about your finished project or post a picture of it to flickr
- Link up to your project here
- Any project you finished this month is eligible, but please link to only one blog post/flickr picture (it’s okay if you blogged about multiple finishes, we love that!)
- Entries for this giveaway will be open until Monday, August 6 at midnight
- The dedicated folks who enter all 12 times will be entered to win a grand prize next January!
If you have any questions, please email me or leave a comment below!