My husband and I love to go to the beach. We catch up with friends, wear out our dogs and get away from all the stresses of life (i.e. work). My husband loves to fish and can spend hours out in the bay, but when he does that I usually stay at the cabin and sew. Often I bring my sewing machine, but lugging all my quilting gear can be a pain (mostly for my husband). So this weekend, I thought if I could get a few quilts to the hand binding stage, that would be enough to keep me occupied. Unfortunately an insane deal at work left me with no time to sew last week. However, I’m pleased to say that this week I’m back on track!
Thanks to Amy, everything got basted this weekend and I filled up my stair railing!
My IG friends helped me decide on solid black with a strip of red to bind this quilt.
I’m very pleased with the even stitch on my new Juki.
Now I have three quilts and two dogs ready to go to the beach! I still have two more nights to work, so I’m hoping to get up the courage to try some free motion quilting on the jelly roll race quilt.
I also decided how to finish my habitat challenge. From last September. Once I finally had a plan (and the right size zipper), it was implemented within an hour! Here’s a peek for now…
Crossing one off the list today (from 2011!), and hopefully three or four more next week!
Hexagon Quilt Robot Kaleidoscope Quilt Lorax Quilt 3×6 Bee Top (top done)
- Christmas Patchwork (binding on!)
- HMQG Row Robin (rows finished)
- Hello Betty Star Quilt (working on the blocks)
- Rawhide String Quilt (binding on!)
- Grinch Pillow Cover (top done)
HMQG Habitat Challenge
- Embroider Bee Quilt (blocks done)
- Neptune Hexagon Project (an ongoing project)
- Rawhide Swoon Quilt (binding on!!!)
Quilts for Kids A Walk in the Woods Baby Quilt 1001 Peeps Quilt
- Spring green/yellow/grey baby quilt (bundle ready)
- Sherbet Pips apple core project (in progress)
A Walk in the Woods Whirligig Quilt
- Flower Sugar Hand Sewn Diamond Stars (an ongoing project)
A Walk in the Woods Zig Zag Quilt
- Jelly Roll Race Quilt (basted!)
- Neutral Farfalle Quilt (working on the blocks)
The cold, hard truth:
Completed projects: 1
New projects: 0