This weekend was the First Annual Houston Modern Quilt Guild Retreat at beautiful Deep Woods Retreat outside of Bastrop, Texas. I had been looking forward to this getaway for several months, but work and illness nearly conspired to keep me away. Fortunately I was still able to go, but when I got there I was over worked and very tired.
I started cutting out my remaining two swoon blocks, but quickly realized that I was too tired for such a complicated block. Instead, I made progress on my rawhide string blocks.
By the end of the weekend, I managed to make 11 more blocks for a total of 20. Just five more to go!
Saturday, I was more in the groove. The workspace at the retreat was great, plus we didn’t have to clean up when we went to bed or wanted a snack!
Several of us participated in the jelly roll race — I came in third!
Liz even made two race quilts, and her second was French General, just like mine!
On Sunday, much later than I would have liked, I finished the last two Swoon blocks.
Of course the retreat was a blast, and I had so much fun with all the other HMQG ladies, but I am just so relieved to have gotten so much done. Both the swoon and string quilts are intended as very special presents, and now I’m that much closer to gifting them. I wish that actually let me cross something off the list, but c’est la vie!
Hexagon Quilt Robot Kaleidoscope Quilt Lorax Quilt 3×6 Bee Top (top done)
- Christmas Patchwork (top done)
- HMQG Row Robin (rows finished)
- Hello Betty Star Quilt (working on the blocks)
- Rawhide String Quilt (working on the blocks)
- Grinch Pillow Cover (top done)
- HMQG Habitat Challenge (quilted)
- Embroider Bee Quilt (blocks done)
- Neptune Hexagon Project (an ongoing project)
- Rawhide Swoon Quilt (top done!!! at the long-armer)
Quilts for Kids A Walk in the Woods Baby Quilt 1001 Peeps Quilt
- Spring green/yellow/grey baby quilt (bundle ready)
- Sherbet Pips apple core project (in progress)
A Walk in the Woods Whirligig Quilt
- Flower Sugar Hand Sewn Diamond Stars (an ongoing project)
A Walk in the Woods Zig Zag Quilt
- Jelly Roll Race Quilt (top done)
The cold, hard truth:
Completed projects: 0
New projects: 1