This weekend I did some therapeutic sewing. Our friends are having a girl and their baby shower is next weekend. I whipped up this quilt for C to take since we have the HMQG Retreat at the same time.
Unfortunately things are looking so busy at work that I might not be able to go!!!! Ever hopeful, I have been packing for the retreat nonetheless. I think I would like to finish my Swoon quilt to give as a special gift and I’ve found someone that the Rawhide string blocks might be perfect for. So all of my rawhide has found its way into my bag.
If I’m cutting out my final two swoon blocks at the retreat, it might not take much more time to cut up my last planned WITW quilt: a mega swoon block! Where my other WITW quilts have been scrappy, this one will be simple. Just a pink and grey swoon block with a grey backing and pink binding.
As these projects have moved up to the top of my list, it caused me to rethink things a bit. If you look at the list below, I’m actually doing phenomenally well on my WIPs and finishes from this year. What I’m struggling with are the carry-overs from last year!
The best part about my plan for the retreat is that I will cross a WIP off of both lists. It might also be time take one of my older finished tops and sandwich it and plan to practice my free motion quilting the next time I have a free afternoon.
Hexagon Quilt Robot Kaleidoscope Quilt Lorax Quilt 3×6 Bee Top (top done)
- Christmas Patchwork (top done)
- HMQG Row Robin (rows finished)
- Hello Betty Star Quilt (working on the blocks)
- Rawhide String Quilt (working on the blocks)
- Grinch Pillow Cover (top done)
- HMQG Habitat Challenge (quilted)
- Embroider Bee Quilt (blocks done)
- Neptune Hexagon Project (an ongoing project)
- Rawhide Swoon Quilt (working on the blocks)
Quilts for Kids A Walk in the Woods Baby Quilt 1001 Peeps Quilt
- Spring green/yellow/grey baby quilt (bundle ready)
- Sherbet Pips apple core project (in progress)
A Walk in the Woods Whirligig Quilt
- Flower Sugar Hand Sewn Diamond Stars (an ongoing project)
A Walk in the Woods Zig Zag Quilt
The cold, hard truth:
Completed projects: 1
New projects: 1