I started linking up to the WIP Wednesday posts at Freshly Pieced at the beginning of the year, and I’m so glad I did. Having a centralized list of my WIPs has been key to making progress on old projects and getting them finished. (It’s easy to forget about a folded up project, but this keeps it visible.) In fact, I have been looking at this list weekly for the last couple of months and always thinking about it in terms of where I can get my next “finish.”
But is finishing up my WIPs key to my enthusiasm for quilting?
I finished my hexagon quilt because I wanted to give it to my sister; the lorax quilt is destined for an expectant friend; the robot kaleidescope quilt is poised to head off quickly to the next baby boy-to-be. But now I’m a bit stumped with the list.
I want to be free to dive into fun swaps and charity projects or to come up with projects tailored to all my friends who are getting married and having babies these days … but instead this list is here, imposing itself.
So I’m liberating myself a bit from this list. I still love lists, so it’s not going anywhere, but there’s going to be less focus on “reducing” it and more focus on using it for inspiration. Is something on this list a perfect gift for someone? Maybe yes, or maybe no! These weekly posts are going to be less about the numbers and more about what I’m working on, even if it’s not finished right away.
So, while I’ve finished this quilt…
… I pulled fabric for another…
… and decided to try out curved piecing on yet another!
Hexagon Quilt Robot Kaleidoscope Quilt Lorax Quilt 3×6 Bee Top (top done)
- Christmas Patchwork (top done)
- HMQG Row Robin (rows finished)
- Hello Betty Star Quilt (working on the blocks)
- Rawhide String Quilt (working on the blocks)
- Rawhide Swoon Quilt (working on the blocks)
- Grinch Pillow Cover (top done)
- HMQG Habitat Challenge (quilted)
- Embroider Bee Quilt (blocks done)
- Neptune Hexagon Project (an ongoing project)
Quilts for Kids A Walk in the Woods Baby Quilt 1001 Peeps Quilt
- Spring green/yellow/grey baby quilt (bundle ready)
- Sherbet Pips apple core project (in progress)
The cold, hard truth:
Completed projects: 1
New projects: 2