Saturday was a crazy day (two wedding showers — one that we hosted! — and the HMQG meeting), but Sunday was reserved for quiet sewing. I’m so glad I asked Jen to come over, because I felt a bit crummy and probably would have stayed in bed if it hadn’t been for her. But Sunday was about my only sewing day for several weeks, so I really had to jump on it!
You may remember that in November, I started and finished the Lorax quilt — inside of a week! It has sat, basted and un-quilted, for months… Thankfully, I finished quilting it and stitched the binding to the front. This quilt is intended for some friends of ours (whose shower was also Saturday night!) and I hope we can get together with them soon and see just how they like it!
Jen finished a fabulous quilt top that she has been working on for a while, and then she whipped up an easy baby quilt top (using the adorable Walk in the Woods line) for a good friend of ours. Now it’s my turn to quilt and bind it, so I’ve added it to the WIP list below. Hopefully I will have some time to do it, between my mom’s visit (this weekend), Jen’s wedding (the next weekend) and the shower, itself (the following weekend)!
- Robot Kaleidoscope Quilt (top basted)
Lorax Quilt (basted)
- 3×6 Bee Top (top done)
- Christmas Patchwork (top done)
- HMQG Row Robin (rows finished)
- Hello Betty Star Quilt (working on the blocks)
- Rawhide String Quilt (working on the blocks)
- Rawhide Swoon Quilt (working on the blocks)
- Grinch Pillow Cover (top done)
- HMQG Habitat Challenge (quilted)
- Embroider Bee Quilt (blocks done)
- Neptune Hexagon Project (an ongoing project)
Quilts for Kids
- A Walk in the Woods Baby Quilt (top done)
The cold, hard truth:
Completed projects: 1
New projects: 1