I haven’t touched my machine in a week, but I still managed to make significant progress on two WIPs. When I drafted my first WIP Wednesday post this year, I made a list of (hopefully) all of my WIPs and the status of each. Remarkably, not one but two projects were “lost” in my craft room. And I knew I had seen them since the move, so I couldn’t even blame it on that.
When we got the new bed, we had to move some things around to get it set up in the room. I moved the lone stack of magazines in the room and found the Rawhide string blocks I had misplaced.
Then, while watching TV with my friend this weekend, I noticed something on the bottom shelf of the TV unit. My missing Neptune hexagon project!
I was particularly excited about this find because I like to take this project, which is all hand sewing, on trips, and we have one coming up in 2 weeks. I think my mind must be playing tricks on me: I was positive that there were lots of hexies in the pouch ready to be attached to the main piece, but there was only one, lonely hexie left.
Do you ever forget the status of your WIPs and are surprised when you actually pull them out? Good surprised or bad?
- Robot Kaleidoscope Quilt (top basted)
- Lorax Quilt (basted)
- 3×6 Bee Top (top done)
- Christmas Patchwork (top done)
- HMQG Row Robin (rows finished)
- Hello Betty Star Quilt (working on the blocks)
- Rawhide String Quilt (working on the blocks – found!)
- Rawhide Swoon Quilt (working on the blocks)
- Grinch Pillow Cover (top done)
- HMQG Habitat Challenge (quilted)
- Embroider Bee Quilt (blocks done)
- Neptune Hexagon Project (an ongoing project – found!)
Quilts for Kids
The cold, hard truth:
Completed projects: 0
New projects: 0