This past Saturday I dropped three quilts off with Pam for her to long-arm. By Sunday she had already completed one and sent me this sneak peek!
Obviously I love, love, love it! Since she is cruising along so quickly, I decided to finish prepping binding and now have this lovely (red) stack.
I can’t wait to see the finished results in person!
Now here is a blast from the past… In 2012 HMQG hosted a challenge to make a mini in the colors of the guild’s logo. The guild ordered some coordinating solids and we divvied them up. I added to it (entirely from my scrap bin!) and set out to make my favorite, a kaleidoscope quilt. The top went together super quickly and then sat, unfinished, until last week when I quilted it. Monday night I went to put the binding on and decided on a whim to try machine sewing it. It looks great on the front and, while there are no mistakes on the back, it’s not as precise as I would like. I’m glad I tried a new technique, though, and I may practice this one again because it took less than 5 minutes to bind this mini!
I’m thrilled with how it turned out and I wish I’d finished it and hung up my minis earlier!
Now I want mini quilts everywhere!
Hello Betty Star Quilt (working on the blocks) 3×6 Bee Quilt
- HMQG Row Robin (at the long-armer)
- Embroider Bee Quilt (blocks done) – taking to Stash Bash!
- Neptune Hexagon Project (an ongoing project)
- Sherbet Pips apple core project (quilted!)
- Flower Sugar Hand Sewn Diamond Stars (an ongoing project) – taking to Stash Bash!
- Neptune Drunkard’s Path Quilt (blocks cut) – taking to Stash Bash!
- Marcelle Medallion Block Quilt (working on blocks)
- Florence Kaleidoscope Quilt (on the rack!)
Sherbet Pips Round and Round Quilt Happy Drawing Economy Block Quilt Blue and Mustard Triangle Quilt
- Hello Petal Patchwork Quilt (blocks cut) – taking to Stash Bash!
- Denyse Schmidt Scrappy Trip Along (strips cut) – taking to Stash Bash!
The cold, hard truth:
Completed projects: 0
New projects: 1